Skip to main content

Paula Abdul Fired From 'The X Factor' Twitter Confirmations & Who Will Replace Her and the Other Fired Judges?

Changes to The X Factor for next season...


x factor firing


Although I'm not a regular viewer of The X Factor, I was shocked to read that Paula Abdul got X'ed out from being a judge on the show.


Her friend, Simon Cowell cleaned house and fired not only Paula, but also former judge Nicole Scherzinger and host Steve Jones. All three confirmed their show exits on Twitter:



 Steve Jones 

I wont be hosting next seasons XFactor which is a shame but I cant complain as I've had a great time. Good luck to everyone on the show.




 Nicole Scherzinger 

Looking forward to an exciting year ahead and making great music and more! I'm grateful for the love you always give me.
 Nicole Scherzinger 

I wanted to let you know directly from me that it's true I won't be returning to The X Factor.



According to reports, L.A. Reid and Paula's former American Idol co-worker, Simon Cowell will remain judges.


Simon supposedly went on a firing spree because he is upset with the ratings, The X Factor gets half the views of American Idol and The Voice. 


But no worries, Simon is still calling Paula "a close friend."




Paula released a statement yesterday and tweeted:

 The Real Paula Abdul 

I’ve learned through my longevity in this industry that business decisions often times override personal considerations...
 The Real Paula Abdul 

Yes, it's true; I won't be returning to The X Factor next season.


According to the Chicago Sun-Times, those business decisions  included a careful analysis of the first season of “The X Factor” by show producers and the Fox network — whose research indicated Abdul was thought too “soft” to compete with the other judges and the audience “just did not connect with Nicole.”


Paula tweeted more about her and Simon's relationship:



 The Real Paula Abdul 

I want nothing more than for The X Factor to exceed ALL of their wildest dreams. This truly has been a blessing and I am most grateful.
 The Real Paula Abdul 

...and I’ve treasured my experience working this past season with my extended family at Fox and Fremantle.
 The Real Paula Abdul 

Simon is, and will remain a dear friend of mine...
 The Real Paula Abdul 

Simon & I, along with Fox & Fremantle, have been communicating about this for a while now, & I have absolute understanding of the situation.





According to Fox News, Simon Cowell released a statement and said:


"I want to say a massive thank you to Paula, Nicole and Steve for being part of The X Factor last year.  We had a lot of fun making the show together and importantly, we found some real talent and stars."


"You do develop friendships with the people you work with and Paula, in particular, is a very close friend and I expect to be working with her on another project in the near future. I'm sure all three are going to have massive success in what they do next , but now is the time to thank them all for everything they did last year."


Now, who should be the host and who should be the other two judges? Mariah Carey's name keeps popping up as a potential judge. Hmm, we'll see. Stay tuned for more on this story.

Comments