Skip to main content

Rumor Has It...Stacey Dash Fired From 'Single Ladies'

So, I heard a rumor earlier today that the star of VH1's new romantic comedy, Single Ladies, Stacey Dash has been fired!
I grabbed this photo from a twitpic on Twitter

So I had to look it up on the web and other websites, blogs and tweets are circulating the rumor around as well.


Stacey plays the main character, Valerie "Val" Stokes on the show, the character who got dumped by her boyfriend after five years on the first episode.  


Throughout the show, Val is looking for the perfect man, her knight and shining armour with a fairytale wedding and family to go along with him. 


Val goes on numorous dates and ends up with a marriage proposal from two of her exes on the shows finale that aired last Monday.


Single Ladies Season Finale Recap


Now it is being said that Queen Latifah, Single Ladies executive producer, handed Stacey her walking papers after the previous reported drama she was causing.


LisaRaye & Stacey Dash Rumored to Not Getting Along


LisaRaye Speaks on Her Behind the Scenes Drama With Stacey Dash on the set of "Single Ladies"


One blog reported that a VH1 publicist said, “No casting decisions have been made for season 2 of single ladies yet..”


Jawn Murray, an entertainment reporter, tweeted earlier this week on August 8th to a fellow journalist, "@jacquereid In Touch Weekly reports that Queen Latifah made the call to fire Stacey Dash...but we can talk offline too. ;-) "


The next day he tweeted, "Spoke to a few actresses who went in for "an emergency casting" for Stacey Dash's role on . I'm going w/ In Touch Weekly! "


Gossip started spreading that LisaRaye was the reason for Stacey Dash's firing but LisaRaye posted on her Facebook:


"As everyone know I am in Italy vacationing. I was just made aware of the lies that are being spread by Mediatakeout and other blogs that like to create false stories. I was not even aware that Stacy Dash had been fired from Single Ladies. Furthermore if she has been fired that is a network decision. I don’t have the power to get her fired nor do I have any beef with her. Now im going to go continue enjoying my vacation!"

LisaRaye also tweeted:

"Regarding the rumors swirling around “Single Ladies” all I know is that we’ll be back with Season 2 and I have no knowledge of anything else."

Single Ladies has been picked up for a second season on VH1 and will be filming later on this year. It was reported on VH1's blog in July that Stacey Dash along with the other two main stars of the show (LisaRaye and Charity Shea) will make a return.

If the firing rumors are true, who will play Val? And do I even see another actress taking Stacey Dash's spot? I don't know.

Comments

  1. God I hope not! I love Stacey and honestly I would not watch the show regardless of who replaces her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Add your comments and thoughts below and click 'subscribe by email' button to receive follow up responses and other comments on this post.